SMC helps construction companies address many industry-specific risks, including:
- Fluctuating costs, cash flow, and overall economic conditions
- Irrational competition
- Credit risks and bonding
- Onerous contract provisions
- Urgent document needs
- Complex claim issues
- Litigious business environments
- Volatile regulatory environments and insurance markets
- Workplace and employee safety costs
Resources and Benefits for Clients
- Exposure-sensitive payment plans
- Transparent, fee-based compensation reduces cost and enhances client competitiveness
- On-staff CPA to facilitate bond, credit, and financing issues
- 24/7 online certificate issuance
- OCIP, contract, and insurance provision review process led by senior technical professionals
- On-staff construction defect attorney for claims advocacy
- Proactive, comprehensive claims management
- In-house senior underwriting experience with close insurance market relationships
Client Success Examples
- SMC designed a risk financing program that enabled our client to achieve tax savings in excess of $500,000 annually, while also facilitating wealth transfer and asset protection without increasing risk.
- We reorganized risk exposure structure to change our client’s insurance profile, resulting in savings of several million dollars.
- Our professional claims advocacy for a client resulted in cost reduction associated with deductibles in excess of $100,000.
Request a Consultation
To discuss the risk management needs of your construction business, please contact Santa Maria online or call us at (925) 956-7600.